Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to…
- Describe and explain military culture as an outreach strategy to engage service members and their families in clinical settings
- Translate current knowledge of psychological and physiological trauma in a combat/military context.
- Create and maintain a therapeutic alliance with combat veterans and their families from assessment through treatment.
- Identify existing programs available for veterans and family members through the Veterans Administration and local Vet Centers.
Program Outcomes: Participants will…
- Know something about our military history and present military conflicts to establish credibility
- Know something about the Service Branches and respect the differences
- Ask each patient if he/she is a service member or family member of…
- Know something about the VA and refer/coordinate care for your patients
- Register with the War Within Database(Licensed professionals)
For a schedule of training dates and locations click here (coming soon)
To host a training program contact Patricia Harrity (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Continuing Education Credits are available
Training Materials (click here)
To access Citizen Soldier Support Program online mental health training programs click here: www.ahecconnect.com/citizensoldier